The Breast Institute at JFK Medical Center supports patients every step of the way – from diagnosis through treatment. Breast-disorder patients have the opportunity to consult with the appropriate medical experts in surgery, medicine, and radiation oncology, as well as radiologists and nurses. Our highly-trained staff works closely with each patient to plan and execute the most effective course of treatment.
Because we consistently strive to meet and exceed accreditation standards, The Breast Institute at JFK Medical Center has proudly earned NQMBC accreditation, as well as NAPBC accreditation.
Breast Care Services
The Breast Institute at JFK Medical Center offers a wide variety of services within a comfortable and compassionate environment. Services include:
- Screenings to Diagnostic Mammography
- Digital Mammography
- Computer-Aided Detection System (CAD), serving as a second set of eyes after a mammogram
- Ultrasound Guided Biopsy/Cyst Aspiration
- Stereotactic Biopsy
- Pre-operative Educations programs
- Weekly breast-focused multidisciplinary conference
- Second Opinion Consultations
- Bone Density Testing
- Genetic Testing
We’re always hosting a variety of research trials within JFK Medical Center’s Research Department. Check with your physician or contact the Research Department at (561) 548-1414 to find out when a trial that might be appropriate in conjunction with your treatment plan is scheduled.
Education and Support
The Breast Institute at JFK Medical Center offers a full range of non-medical support services for patients. Psychosocial, educational, and nutritional services are provided to assist the patient and family, including:
- Breast Cancer Prevention Program for High Risk patients
- Breast Health Resource Library
- Community outreach and educational programs
- Individual and group counseling
- Nutritional counseling
- Access to genetic counseling and screening
- Online resources
- Look Good- Feel Good Make Up Sessions
Breast Institute Staff
Our Breast Institute Team is comprised of the most highly-trained and experienced doctors and medical staff in the area. Our facility is home to Radiologists who are fellowshipped trained in Mammography and breast-related studies, Rehabilitation Specialists, a Mammography team, and a Nurse Navigator.
The Breast Institute at JFK Medical Center
5301 South Congress Avenue
Atlantis, FL 33462
For appointments or more information about the Breast Institute at JFK Medical Center, please call 1.877.9.MAMMOS (1.877.962.6667).