Clinical Studies and Research
About Research at JFK Medical Center
At some point in our lives, there is great probability that you, or a loved one, will be affected by an acute or chronic illness. Clinical studies – the gold standard for testing promising new strategies for preventing, diagnosing and treating such illnesses - are thoughtfully designed and administered by JFK’s research team in an effort to answer specific medical questions.
Types of Clinical Trials
The JFK Medical Center Research Department conducts the following five clinical trials:
- Treatment Trials - test experimental treatments, new combinations of drugs, devices or test new approaches
- Prevention Trials - test new approaches to prevent disease or to prevent a disease from returning. Can include medicines, vaccines, vitamins, minerals or lifestyle changes
- Diagnostic Trials - conducted to find better tests or procedures for diagnosing a particular disease or condition
- Screening Trials - test the best way to detect certain diseases or health conditions earlier
- Quality of Life Trials - explore ways to improve comfort and the quality of life for individuals with a chronic illness
JFK Medical Center is a participant in CISRP an independent non-profit organization founded for the purpose of educating the public, patients, medical/research communities, media, and policy makers in order to promote greater understanding and awareness of clinical research participation and the role it plays in public health.
Call 1-877-MED-HERO or go to www.ciscrp.org for more information.
JFK Medical Center is also affiliated with the WESTERB IRB, who is registered with the federal government and provides review and approval of clinical studies performed in JFK. Go to www.wirb.com for more information.
Current Inpatient/Outpatient Trials
JFKMC has been involved in clinical trials since 1993, since this time there have been well over 200 trials conducted in the facility.
The trials that we participate in predominantly require a hospitalization for the disease being studied and while you are here your physician determines if there is a study that would enhance your care.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Infectious Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Neuro Vascular Disease
- Oncology- We have a wide selection of Cancer Trials that your physician may suggest are appropriate for your treatment plan
Many of our physicians on staff are involved in research and clinical trials on an outpatient basis in their private practices. The research department can assist you in finding a trial that is appropriate for your situation.
If you have a particular condition, disease, or are interested to know more about research and what is available please call the JFK Medical Center Research Department. Call 1-561-548-1414 or email us today.
Learn more about: