JFK Medical Center’s Podiatric Residency Program adheres to the standards and practices for their resident selection via the Central Application Service for Podiatric Residences (CASPR/CRIP).
Upon matching to our program, applicants must go through JFK Medical Center’s employee hiring process, which includes passing a background check, drug test and completing all of the on-boarding requirements. Below is a sample of the contract that match candidates will receive. Resident Contract is subject to change.
If you have any questions, please contact Adriana Ellison, MBA Program Manager at (561) 548-1711.
Sample Resident Contract:
We are pleased to provide the letter of appointment to you for the position of Podiatry Medicine and Surgery Residency with Reconstructive Rearfoot / Ankle Surgery Resident (PMSR) at JFK Medical Center for a period of one (1) year (year one of three year program) effective July 1, 20XX (contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment processing). Following the terms and conditions of this agreement:
- Annual salary of $ XX,XXX
- Job duties as outlined in your job description
- Hours of work – will vary as scheduled
- JFK Medical Center will provide the following fringe benefits:
- 2 lab jackets
- Meals provided on campus
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Standard employee benefits as offered to other benefited employees of JFK Medical Center (health & dental insurance, life insurance)
- Payment of dues for membership in the American Podiatric Medical Association and the American College of Foot and Ankle
- Payment of NBPME fees for resident completing 1st year of the
- Educational Allowance of $1,500 each academic year for approved educational expenses.
-Laptop/tablet one per year
-Medical License Reimbursement /DEA License Reimbursement
-Conference expenses and related travel expenses
-Interview expenses to include airfare, meals, lodging, mileage
-ABPS Certification Examinations
- A certificate/diploma verifying completion of training requirements and the inclusive
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Mechanism of Appeal – as per the Performance Review and Termination Policy in the Podiatric Residency Manual.