Binge Eating Disorder
- Eating more rapidly than normal
- Eating until you feel uncomfortably full
- Eating large amounts of food although you don’t feel hungry
- Eating alone due to embarrassment about the amount of food you eat
- Feeling disgusted about yourself, depressed, or guilty about your eating behavior
About eating disorders. National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders website. Available at: http://www.anad.org/get-information/about-eating-disorders/. Accessed July 11, 2013.
Anorexia nervosa. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed/what.php. Updated February 20, 2013. Accessed July 11, 2013.
Bulimia. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed/what.php. Updated March 28, 2013. Accessed July 11, 2013.
Eating disorders. National Institute of Mental Health website. Available at: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/eating-disorders/index.shtml. Updated 2011. Accessed July 11, 2013.
Yager J, Devlin MJ, et al. Practice Guideline for the Treatment of Patients with Eating Disorders. 3rd ed. American Psychiatric Association; 2006. Available at: http://www.guideline.gov/content.aspx?id=9318. Accessed July 11, 2013.
- Reviewer: Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 07/2013 -
- Update Date: 05/11/2013 -