- All women age 65 and older and men age 70 and older, regardless of risk factors
- Postmenopausal women and men aged 50-69 with one or more risk factors for osteoporosis
- Any adult age 50 years and older with a fracture
- Any adult with a health condition or medication associated with low bone mass or bone loss
Clinician's guide to prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. National Osteoporosis Foundation website. Available at: http://www.nof.org/files/nof/public/content/file/950/upload/523.pdf. Updated 2013. Accessed July 22, 2013.
Osteoporosis. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed/what.php. Updated July 15, 2013. Accessed July 22, 2013.
5/16/2008 DynaMed's Systematic Literature Surveillance http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed: Qaseem A, Snow V, et al; Clinical Efficacy Assessment Subcommittee of the American College of Physicians. Screening for osteoporosis in men: a clinical practice guideline from the American College of Physicians. Ann Intern Med. 2008;148:680-684.
4/21/2015 DynaMed's Systematic Literature Surveillance http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed: Altkorn D, Cifu AS. Screening for osteoporosis. JAMA;313(14):1467-1468.
- Reviewer: Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 05/2015 -
- Update Date: 05/20/2015 -