- Iritis (or “anterior uveitis”) for inflammation toward the front of the eye
- Cyclitis (or “intermediate uveitis”) for inflammation along the body of the eye
- Choroiditis (or “posterior uveitis”) for inflammation in the rear of the eye
Other Proposed Natural Treatments
1 van Rooij J, Schwartzenberg SGWS, Mulder PGH, et al. Oral vitamins C and E as additional treatment in patients with acute anterior uveitis: a randomised double masked study in 145 patients. Br J Ophthalmol . 1999;83:1277–1282.
2 Lal B, Kapoor AK, Asthana OP, et al. Efficacy of curcumin in the management of chronic anterior uveitis. Phytother Res . 1999;13:318–322.
- Reviewer: EBSCO CAM Review Board
- Review Date: 09/2014 -
- Update Date: 09/18/2014 -