|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
Herbs and dietary supplements:
- Certain combinations of traditional Chinese medical herbs
- High doses of vitamin A
- Certain dietary supplements for weight loss
- Polychlorinated biphenyls
- Carbon tetrachloride
- Yellowing of the eyes and skin known as jaundice
- Dark or brown-colored stools
- White or light-colored stools
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in the upper right portion of the abdomen
- Dark or tea-colored urine
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov
Occupational Safety and Health Administration http://www.osha.gov
Hepatitis C Caring Ambassadors Program http://hepcchallenge.org
Hepatitis C Education and Prevention Society http://www.hepcbc.ca
Toxic hepatitis. Canadian Liver Foundation website. Available at: http://www.liver.ca/liver-disease/types/toxic-hepatitis.aspx . Accessed May 28, 2013.
Toxic hepatitis. University of California San Francisco Medical Center website. Available at: http://www.ucsfhealth.org/conditions/toxic%5Fhepatitis/ . Accessed May 28, 2013.
10/14/2013 DynaMed's Systematic Literature Surveillance https://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us: US Food and Drug Administration. OxyElite Pro: Health advisory—Acute hepatitis illness cases linked to product use. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm370857.htmPublished October 8, 2013. Accessed October 14, 2013.
- Reviewer: Igor Puzanov, MD; Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 05/2013 -
- Update Date: 10/14/2013 -