Ingredients and Preparation
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste over beef, and then add to the skillet; cook for about 1 minute on each side, until nicely browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of salt. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until mushrooms are soft.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add the broth and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Return beef to pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side, depending on desired degree of doneness.
- Slice beef and serve with mushroom sauce over the pasta.