The Stroke Center
Nationally recognized for our neuroscience services, JFK Medical Center is a leading treatment and resource center for people affected by complex neurological conditions.
Our team of multi-disciplinary neuroscience specialists use the latest technology and treatments to diagnose and treat diverse and challenging problems involving the brain, spine, cerebrovascular system and nervous system.
Our Acute Stroke Team includes:
- EMS providers
- Emergency Physicians
- Diagnostic and
- Intensivists and Hospitalists
Since time is of the essence, recognizing stroke symptoms early on is critical. JFK’s emergency department staff is skilled at immediately determining the best treatment plan through rapid diagnosis and treatment. Diagnostic services, including CT (computed tomography) scans MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), as well clot-busting medication.
Quick diagnosis is made through expedited CT scans and/or MRI and neurological consultations. The best treatment choice is then determined and managed, which could be clot busting drugs (tPA) or interventional removal of the clot.
For more information on our Neuroscience Institute please call (561) 548-4535.
At the Forefront of Stroke Diagnosis
At the forefront of stroke diagnosis, treatment and prevention, The Neuroscience Institute at JFK Medical Center is proud to state:
- Our stroke program has been certified by the Joint Commission and given its "Gold Seal of Approval" for providing the greatest breadth and depth of specialists and advanced services for stroke patients.
- We were the first in Palm Beach County to achieve the distinction of Comprehensive Stroke Center by AHCA in 2006 and we are proud to provide care to stroke patients throughout Palm Beach, Martin, and St. Lucie Counties.
- Our 36-bed nursing Neuroscience unit and our highly specialized 18-bed Neuro-ICU are dedicated to patients recovering after neurological or neurosurgical procedures. Both are staffed with nurses who are uniquely trained and focused on the specific needs of neuroscience patients.
- We offer minimally invasive technologies and treatments, including coils and stents for treating brain aneurysms and stents for blocked carotid arteries.