Nationally recognized for our neuroscience services, JFK Medical Center is a leading treatment and resource center for people affected by complex neurological conditions.
Our team of multi-disciplinary neuroscience specialists uses the latest technology and treatments to diagnose and treat diverse and challenging problems involving the brain, spine, cerebrovascular system and nervous system.
At the forefront of stroke diagnosis, treatment and prevention, The Neuroscience Institute at JFK Medical Center is proud to state:
- Our stroke program has been certified by the Joint Commission and given its "Gold Seal of Approval" for providing the greatest breadth and depth of specialists and advanced services for stroke patients.
- We were the first in Palm Beach County to achieve the distinction of Comprehensive Stroke Center by AHCA in 2006 and we are proud to provide care to stroke patients throughout Palm Beach, Martin, and St. Lucie Counties.
- Our 36-bed nursing Neuroscience unit and our highly specialized 18-bed Neuro-ICU are dedicated to patients recovering after neurological or neurosurgical procedures. Both are staffed with nurses who are uniquely trained and focused on the specific needs of neuroscience patients.
- We offer minimally invasive technologies and treatments, including coils and stents for treating brain aneurysms and stents for blocked carotid arteries.
- Conditions Treated at the Neuroscience Institute
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Acute Stroke Treatment
- Emergency Stroke Treatment
- Additional Resources on Stroke
- NeuroInterventional Radiology/Surgery
- Diagnostic Neuroimaging Services
- Spine Institute at JFK Medical Center
- Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
The Neuroscience Network
The Neurosciences Program of HCA East Florida Hospitals provides state-of-the-art care for people who experience disorders or diseases of the nervous system, which includes the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves.